Prep Time: 5mins Cook Time: 15mins - Serves: 2
These potato fritters made with our Vegan Breakfast Sausages are super easy to make and so delicious! They’re best served with a fruity chutney. The recipe for these fritters is of course 100% vegan!
- 2 Heck! Vegan Breakfast sausages
- ¼ of a white onion, diced
- 1 Sweet potato, grated
- 1 Carrot, grated
- ½ tbsp of corn flour
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp of dried red chili flakes (optional)
- 50g Spinach to serve
- Chutney or sauce to serve
- Put a drop of oil in a frying pan and place on a medium to high heat. Add your sausages to the pan. Cook off for 10-15 minutes, remembering to turn occasionally so they are golden.
- Grate the potatoes and carrots. Dice your onions. Place in a mixing bowl. Add the flour, olive oil, chili flakes and seasoning. Give the contents of the bowl a thorough stir.
- Put a medium sized frying pan on the hob over a high heat. Using a spatula, scrape half the potato mixture into the pan and flatten with the back of your spatula. The mix should be about 0.5cm thick. Cook for 6-8 minutes before flipping the fritter and cooking the other side for the same length of time. This should result in a gold brown colour.
- Remove both the fritter and the sausages from the pans and plate up. Serve with a handful of spinach and your choice of chutney or sauce.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
1 Sausage Per Person
|Of Which Saturates||0.5g||1.0g|
|Of Which Sugars||5.4g||11g|