Prep Time: 10mins - Cooking Time: 40mins - Serves: 4
Shawarma's are usually cooked on a spit, but we have roasted ours in the oven, then warmed through in a frying pan in Pomegranate Molasses. We've served it on a pile of shredded iceberg, with a Sweet Potato Wrap, Quinoa Salad and Homemade vegan Raita. Perfect for an easy mid week meal.
- x1 Pack (500g) Heck! Vegan Mince
- x4 Sweet Potato Wraps
- 50g Mixed Salad
- x3 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- 20g Mint (leaves finely chopped)
- x1 lemon (juice only)
To Taste - Sea Salt Flakes & Black Pepper
For the Vegan Raita
- 3 tbsp Coconut Yogurt
- 10g Fresh Mint (leaves finely chopped)
- 1/4 Cucumber (Chopped into Small Cubes)
- Pre - Heat the oven to 180'C
- Remove the Vegan Mince from the packaging. In a piece of cling film, roll the mince into a big sausage shape.
- Place the mince into the oven for 30mins
- Whilst the Mince Sausage is cooking, in a saucepan, bring 300ml of water to the boil. Once the water is boiling add in the Quinoa. Cooking for 10-15mins or until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, drain it in a colander and pour over cold water. Make sure the moisture has been removed form the quinoa and place it into a bowl.
- Add the Tomatoes, Pomegranate, Mint, Parsley and the lemon juice into the bowl with the quinoa, mix everything together and set to one side.
- At this time the Vegan Mince sausage should be cooked.
- Remove it from the oven, place a large skewer through the mince lengthways, down the middle.
- Finely slice off thin pieces of the mince and place it into a frying pan to crisp up.
- Add a drizzle of the pomegranate molasses to each piece. Use a brush to spread the molasses over all the pieces of mince.
- Once everything is hot, place a sweet potato onto a plate, add a good handful of mixed salad leaves, quinoa salad and the shredded vegan mince. Finally top the wrap with the vegan Raita.
For the Vegan Raita
- Mix the Coconut yogurt, Mint and Cucumber together in a bowl.