Prep Time: 15 mins - Cook Time: 1 hour - Serves 6
Our vegan mince is the perfect base for tasty a vegetable-packed lasagne. This will freeze well so crack on with your batch cooking!
500g HECK Vegan Mince
5 tbsp Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Aubergine, chopped
2 Courgettes, chopped
1 Red Pepper, chopped
200g Mushrooms, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 x 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
4 tbsp Tomato Puree
1 tsp Oregano
1 Veg Stock Cube
1 pack Lasagne Sheets
100g Plain Flour
500ml Almond Milk
200g Grated Vegan Cheese
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a heavy based pan and add in all the vegetables along with the garlic and oregano. Cook for 10 mins.
- Remove veg from the pan and set aside in a bowl. Now add in the mince to the pan & fry off until browned. Add the veg back into the pan and continue to cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Next throw in the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and sprinkle in the stock cube before finally, the water.
- Turn the heat down and leave to simmer whilst you crack on with the white sauce.
- Put 4 tbsp of oil in a saucepan. Once hot, tip in the flour, stirring constantly to combine the flour.
- While continuously whisking, gradually add in the milk little by little. This is to avoid any lumps and thickens the sauce slowly. Once you’ve added all the milk continue to cook until it’s a nice smooth consistency. A good test - the sauce should coat the back of the spoon. Set aside ready to assemble
- Begin to layer the lasagne by going in first with half of the mince in the bottom of the dish, topped with a layer of lasagne sheets and then a good smothering of white sauce. Repeat this process again and then top with the cheese
Bake in the oven for 40 mins until the cheese is melted and the mince is oozing around the sides of the dish