Take yourself to Italy on dark winter days with this hearty Vegan Italia sausage stew!
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 1 stick of Celery, chopped
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- Olive Oil
- 1 pack of Heck Vegan Italia Chipolatas
- 4 tbsp cold water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 400g baby potatoes, chopped into small chunks
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 200ml Water
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the Vegan Italia sausages and fry off until brown. Once done, remove the sausages from the pan and leave to one side.
- Add the veg to the pan with the 4 tbsp of cold water and then season with salt & pepper to taste. Fry for 5-6 minutes, stirring often until the veg starts to look glossy.
- Add the Italian seasoning to the pan and mix in with the veg. Then add the baby potatoes, chopped tomatoes & 200ml of water.
- Add the sausages back to the pan & cover the pan with a lid and let it all simmer for 25 minutes, or until the potatoes soften, stirring occasionally. If it looks a little dry, add a little more water.
- Taste the stew, and season if needed.
- Serve up & enjoy!
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||0g||0.3g|
|of which Sugars||1.9g||6.7g|