Prep Time: 15mins - Cooking Time: 45mins - Serves 3
Prepare to be blown away by these Vegan Italia Crunchy Bites, coated in Rice Krispies for that extra crunch, great for a movie night in. We've served them with our Banging Bang Bang Cauliflower. Time to get those tastebuds going!
- 1 Pack Heck! Vegan Italia Sausages
- 150g Rice Krispies
- 1 ½ tsp Garlic Granules
- 1 ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 170ml Oak Milk
- 150g Flour
- 30ml Sunflower Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
For the Bang Bang Cauliflower
- 1 Large Cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 70g Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp Corse Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Garlic Granules
- 100ml Oat Milk
For the Bang Bang sauce
- 125ml Tabasco Mayonnaise (Use Vegan Mayo, If Required)
- 1 tbsp SweetChilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Agave Nectar
- Remove the sausages from the packing and place them onto a chopping board.
- Slice each Vegan Italia Sausages into 3 chunks and set aside.
- Pour your Rice Krispies into a bowl and add the Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Paprika and Garlic Granules.
- With a rolling pin crush the Rice Krispies until there are no longer any whole puffs.
- To make the batter, mix together the Oat Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar, put to one side.
- Then add the flour to another bowl. Now line up your bowls in front of you starting with the Vegan Italia Sausages, Batter Mixture, Flour, Rice Krispies then a baking sheet.
- Take one of the Vegan Italia Sausages, dip it into the flour, shaking off all the excess flour, then into the batter. Shake off the excess batter, then dip it back into the flour, then into the batter again, shaking off all the excess again. Then dip it into the crumb mixture, roll around, and place on the baking sheet.
When you're done all the pieces, it's time to cook!
Heat up the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add one of the coated Sausages. Cook for 2mins on each side (check for browning) or until golden brown, then flip and cook for another 2mins on the other side. Once cooked remove the sausage to a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Once you have cooked all the sausage pieces, serve immediately with a side of Bang Bang Cauliflower.
Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 200'C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the Panko Breadcrumbs, Salt, Pepper, Paprika and Garlic Granules.
- Dip the Cauliflower Florets in the Oat Milk, then roll them in the breadcrumb mix. Place them on the baking tray, making sure they aren’t touching.
- Bake for 20–25mins, until starting to turn crisp and golden brown. Using a fish slice, turn them over and cook for a further 5mins, or until golden brown all over. Leave to cool.
- To make the bang bang sauce, mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve with your Vegan Italia Crunchy Bites, the Bang Bang sauce is also great as a dipping sauce for the Crunchy Bites.
|Per 100g||Per 10 Crunchy Bites|
|Of Which Saturates||0.8g||2.0g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.9g||4.6g|