Prep time: 5mins - Cook time: 20mins - Serves: 4
This chickpea omelette is the best invention for a vegan breakfast since sliced bread! If you haven’t cooked with chickpea flour yet, you have to try this recipe! We've added our Vegan Breakfast Sausages to give it that breakfast inspired flavour.
- 1 pack Heck! Vegan Breakfast Sausages
- 300g Fresh Spinach
- 300g Chestnut Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
For the chickpea omelettes:
- 100g Gram Flour (chickpea flour)
- 150ml Plant Milk
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Start by preparing your Vegan Breakfast sausages according to the packaging instructions. In the meantime, fry your chestnut mushrooms in a little oil in a separate pan, season with thyme and a little salt.
- Place the fresh spinach in a saucepan alongside a little oil. Add the garlic and saute until softened and fragrant.
- For the chickpea omelettes, prepare a non-stick pan over medium heat. Whisk up all ingredients in a bowl, then use a ladle to portion the batter into the pan. Once the edges are firming up, carefully flip the chickpea omelette and cook on the other side until just done.
- You should end up with 4 equal chickpea omelettes - don’t overcook them as they could become too crispy to stuff.
- Assemble your stuffed omelettes: fill them with spinach, mushrooms and your sausages.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
Per 257g Portion
(2 Sausages = 77g)
|Of Which Saturates||0.7g||1.9g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.9g||4.9g|