Prep – Time: 10mins - Cooking Time: 4mins - Serves: 4
Serve your crispy onion bhajis with cooling Dairy Free Yogurt and Mango Chutney Dip , eat alongside a homemade a delicious curry. These are so easy to make with our Vegan Breakfast.
- x1 pack Vegan Breakfast Sausages
- x2 Onions (finely sliced)
- 100g Chickpea/Gram Flour
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 150ml Vegetable Oil
For the Dip
- 3 tbsp Dairy Free Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Mango Chutney
- Soak the onion in cold water while you make the base mix. Sift the flour into a bowl, then add the turmeric and a good sprinkling of salt. Mix in about 100ml of cold water to make a thick batter – add a splash more if it feels too stiff.
- Remove the skins from the Vegan Breakfast Sausages and slice the sausages in half. Roll each half into a ball. Continue doing this for the remaining sausages.
- Drain the onion well and mix it into the batter. Heat about 5cm of oil in a wok or deep pan. Do not fill the pan more than a third full. Add a tiny speck of batter. If it rises to the surface surrounded by bubbles and starts to brown.
- Once the oil is hot enough, grab a vegan breakfast ball and dip it into the batter. With a spoon cover the rest of the ball with batter until it’s all covered.
- Lower the heaped tbsps of the bhaji mixture and balls into the pan, a few at a time, and cook for a few mins, turning once, until they are evenly browned and crisp, for about 3-4 mins, turning half way.
- Once cooked through, drain on kitchen paper. Serve up with the yogurt and mango chutney dip.
For Bhajis Only
|Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||2.2g||3.2g|
|Of Which Sugars||4.6g||6.9g|