Prep Time: 20mins - Cooking Time: 40mins - Serves: 6
Impress your guests with this delicious Ultimate Vegan Wellington, made with our vegan burgers, butternut squash and mushrooms. This festive dish is sure to become a yearly favourite.
- 3 Packs Heck! Ultimate Vegan Burgers
- 300g White Mushrooms (Finely Diced)
- 1/2 Onion (Diced)
- 1/2 Butternut Squash (Finely Diced)
- 2 Medium Carrots (Finely Diced)
- 2 Celery Sticks (Finely Diced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 ready made Puff Pastry Block (500g)
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 40ml Plant Milk (We Used Oat)
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Dried Sage
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Pre - heat your oven to 200°C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Add the oil to a frying pan over a medium heat. Throw in the onion, celery, butternut squash and carrots. Fry for roughly 6-8mins until slightly softened and golden.
- Once everything is cooked, tip the veg into a bowl to cool and add the tomato puree, the sage, rosemary, thyme, black pepper and breadcrumbs. Mix this together and leave to one side.
- Whilst the veg mix is cooling cook off your diced Mushrooms, fry them until they have gone brown. Once cooked place them in a another bowl to cool down.
- Now that the veg is cooked, on the baking tray roll out your puffy pastry sheet to 10x13inches .
- With your hands grab all theUltimate Vegan Burgers and combine them all together, shape the mix into into a loaf.
- Once the mixes are cool enough, add a layer of mushrooms to the middle of the pastry the same size and length of the loaf, then do the same with the other veg mix.
- Place the loaf on top of the veg then add another layer of the veg mix to the loaf, covering the top and sides then do the same with the rest of the mushrooms.
- The loaf should be covered, now pick up one side and wrap it over the loaf and repeat on the other side, gently press to seal together.
- Then roll up the ends and press gently to seal, if you have any extra pastry from the end, you can cut this off and use it to decorate the top with stars and trees.
- Once the loaf is nicely sealed, flip it over so that the seals are on the bottom. With a sharp knife, diagonally score the top in different directions, roughly 2inches apart, this helps the steam to be released so that its not soggy.
- Add your pastry stars or trees to the top and brush the whole Wellington with the plant milk.
- Place the Wellington in the oven for 30 - 35mins, until heated throughout and the pastry is nice and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with some roast veg and a drizzle of gravy.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||3.0g||12g|
|Of Which Sugars||3.5g||14g|