Prep time: 45mins - Cook Time: 25mins - Serves: 2
This vegan stack is one showstopper... Oozing cheezy pasta paired with our Heck! Ultimate Vegan Burger provides a taste sensation! The creaminess and kick from the burger are a Mac made in heaven (see what we did there)!
- 1 pack Heck! Ultimate Vegan Burgers
- 2 gherkins
- Lettuce & ketchup to serve
- 50g coconut chips
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1⁄4 smoked paprika powder
- 300ml plant milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 100g vegan cheddar style cheeze, shredded
- 150g macaroni pasta
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp gram flour
- 5 tbsp plant milk
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Start by preparing the mac & cheeze buns. Heat the plant milk over medium heat until it steams, then add in the nutritional yeast, sea salt, turmeric, tomato paste and vegan cheeze. Stir occasionally until the cheeze is fully melted and all ingredients combined to a cheeze sauce.
- In the meantime prepare your macaroni according to packaging instructions.
- Add the cooked macaroni into the cheeze sauce and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once the mac & cheeze are cold enough to handle, form the 4 mac & cheeze buns with your hands. Place them on a lined tray and place them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
In the meantime prepare your bacon bits: Coat the coconut chips in the rest of the ingredients and gently fry on a low/medium heat until the chips become crispy, sticky and almost dry. Stay nearby as they can easily burn. Set them aside to cool and break them up with your fingers, if needed.
- Prepare your Heck! Ultimate Vegan Burgers according to packaging instructions.
- Remove the burger buns from the freezer and heat a little oil in a non-stick pan. Whisk up the gram flour and plant milk in a small bowl and coat every bun generously in the mix. Cover with the breadcrumbs on all sides and fry in the hot oil until golden. Be very gentle when turning the buns in the pan.
- Slice your gherkins and assemble your burger with the mac & cheeze buns, lettuce, ketchup and gherkins!
|Nutritional Information||Per Ultimate Mac Cheese Burger|
|Of Which Saturates||27g|
|Of Which Sugars||17g|