Prep time: 10mins - Cook Time: 30mins - Serves: 6
If you like Chorizo Sausages and risotto, then you'll love our Tomato, Red Wine & Chorizo Risotto recipe . This hearty dish is super easy to make and will soon become a firm family favourite.
- 1 Pack Heck! 97% Chorizo style pork sausages (chopped into discs)
- Oil for Cooking
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (Minced)
- ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, (15g)
- 750ml–1 litre of vegetable stock
- 400g Tin Tomatoes
- 300g risotto rice
- 200ml red wine
- 50g Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- Peel and finely chop the shallots and garlic, then chop the parsley.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a wide, shallow pan.
- Add the chopped-up sausages into the pan. Throw in the parsley, shallots, garlic and cook over a medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until the shallots have softened and the chorizo sausages are cooked through
- In another pan, heat the stock with the tinned tomatoes. Add the rice to the shallot mixture and stir to coat the grains. Cook over a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the grains have cracked and are slightly translucent at the tips, then pour in the red wine.
- Stir well and cook until almost all the wine has evaporated. Add the hot stock and tomato mixture, ladle by ladle, stirring well with each addition, and only adding more when the previous ladle is almost fully absorbed. You may not need all of the mixture, or you may need to top it up with a little water.
- The rice should be tender but with a little bite in the middle. When it’s cooked, add one last ladle of liquid.
- Finely grate the Parmesan, then add to the pan with some seasoning. Stir well, take off the heat and cover. Leave for 5 minutes or so before stirring again, tasting and adjusting the seasoning, if necessary.
Serve topped with grated Parmesan and the chopped parsley leaves.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||2.0g||6.5g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.2g||3.9g|