Prep Time: 2 mins - Cook Time: 12 mins - Serves 1
This quick & easy sandwich definitely has staple potential! With juicy fresh tomatoes & homemade garlic hummus, this toasted sausage sandwich brings you the perfect combination of creamy & juicy with a good bite!
Sub for ready-made hummus if you’re in a rush.
- 2 Heck! Vegan Italia Sausages
- 1 large beef tomato
- 1 slice of bread (or 2 if you want to make it a closed sandwich)
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to garnish (optional)
- 1/2 tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fry the sausages in a little oil until golden and toast a slice of bread.
- In the meantime, transfer the hummus ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Spread a layer of hummus onto the toasted bread.
- Slice your beef tomato and top the sandwich with a few slices of tomato. Slice the sausages and place them on top.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and garnish with fresh basil.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
Per 395g Portion
(2 Sausages = 54g)
|Of Which Saturates||0.7g||2.8g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.5g||5.9g|