Prep time: 15 mins – Cook time: 50mins – Serves: 2
A great 'fakeaway' dish with home-made cheesy sauce - you won't be able to resist!
- 2-3 large handfuls of French fries
- 2 Steak and Butter burgers
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 5-6 sliced gherkins, cut in half
- 2 red chillies, sliced with seeds removed but innards kept intact
- 1 handful of grated cheese, ideally cheddar but any type will work
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
For the cheese sauce:
- 1 tube of Primula squeezy cheese
- 4 squares of American cheese, ripped into bits
- 100ml milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Cook the French fries according to pack instructions.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and fry off the burgers. Once brown on both sides, cut into little chunks with your cooking utensil. Cook the burger bits until cooked through. Turn off the heat but leave in the pan.
- To make the cheese sauce, heat a tube of Primula/squeezy cheese in a small pan until melty, then drop in the ripped bits of cheese and combine. Add a little milk if too thick and season to taste. It needs to be of a consistency so you can drizzle it over the fries easily.
- Once everything is cooked, take your fries out of the oven. Place the fries in an ovenproof dish (we used an aluminium carton). Scatter the grated cheese over the fries, then the burger bits. Whack back in the oven for 5 – 7 minutes, until the grated cheese has melted.
- Take out of the oven and drizzle ketchup and the cheese sauce over the fries, then add the chillies and gherkins into any gaps.
- Sprinkle some fresh coriander over the loaded fries and tuck in!
|Per 100g||Per serving|
|of which Saturates||6.4g||31g|
|of which Sugars||2.3g||11g|