Prep Time:15mins - Cook Time:25 mins - Serves:10-12
There's no nicer smell than this cheesy, smoky, baked wreath fresh out the oven! Ideal if you're entertaining. Chop for your guests, or let them tear away. Serve with chutney for an extra wow factor.
1 pack of Smoky Heck Dog
1 Red Pepper, chopped
1 Green Pepper chopped
1 Red Onion, chopped
200g Cream Cheese
100g Grated Cheddar Cheese
500g pack of Puff Pastry
Salt and Pepper, to season
Small pack of Sesame Seeds to sprinkle on top
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C, line a backing tray with greaseproof paper and set aside
- In a frying pan add a little oil the peppers and onion fry until softened, season with salt and pepper then set aside to cool down.
- Take the skins off the sausages and pop the sausage meat into a mixing bowl. Now add the cooled onions and peppers then mix, add the grated & cream cheese to the mix and stir together.
- Roll out the pastry on a work top you may want to add a sprinkle of flour just to stop the pastry from sticking, when rolled out cut a circle in the centre about the size of a cup, then spoon the mixture in the pastry all the way around leaving a gap at either side so the pastry will pull over the top of the mixture.
- Now cut slits in the pastry just so you can pull individual strips over the mixture to the other side and tuck underneath if possible, do it all the way round until all done, now slide onto the baking tray brush with the egg, sprinkle with seeds and pop into the oven for 20-25 mins or until nice and golden brown.
Ready to serve, enjoy!!
|Per 100g||Per serving|
|of which Saturates||9.8g||15g|
|of which Sugars||2.1g||3.2g|