Prep time: 20 mins - Cook time: 30 mins - Serves: 8
How do you like your… PIE in the morning?! I like mine with golden pastry, loaded with sausage, bacon, tomato, mushrooms & pesto cheese & egg!
- 1 pack of Smoky heckdogs
- 1 pack of shortcrust pastry
- 2 packs of bacon lardons
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 150g of sour cream
- 60g of milk
- 5 eggs
- 50g of parmesan
- 4 tbsp of red pesto
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 200°C and roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until the pastry is big enough to line your dish.
- Fry off the bacon, onion and Smoky heckdog together until the sausage skin is brown. Add the mushrooms in.
- Meanwhile, whisk the sour cream, milk, parmesan and eggs together until smooth. Season lightly with some salt, pepper and thyme.
- Scatter the bacon and sausage mixture over the pastry and pour in the egg mixture.
- Add halved cherry tomatoes and dots of pesto before placing in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with salad.
|of which Saturates||8.1g||16g|
|of which Sugars||1.3g||2.6g|