Prep Time: 5mins Cook Time: 20mins- Serves: 2
Try this deconstructed Shakshuka with our Paprika Chicken Sausages, Add some roasted tomatoes and there you have it, the perfect mid week meal.
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 4 HECK smoky paprika sausages
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 heaped tsp harissa paste
- 1.5 tsp tomato puree
- 2 large eggs
- Fat free yoghurt
- Paprika and chopped parsley to serve
- Spritz a frying pan with low-cal spray and cook the red onion for a couple of minutes, then add the sausages. Continue to cook over a medium heat until the sausages are browned and piping hot throughout.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, harissa paste and tomato puree with a splash of water.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, adding more water a little at a time if the mix seems to be getting too dry. You want the tomatoes to break down over the heat so it gets properly saucy!
- Make a couple of holes in the mix and crack an egg into each well.
- Keep the dish on the heat for 3-4 minutes until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- We prefer it to be a bit runny so probably no more than 4 minutes until you’re ready to serve.
- Finally top with a couple of generous dollops of fat free Greek style yoghurt, a pinch of paprika and a good sprinkle of chopped parsley.