Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Serves: 3-4
These gluten free pancakes are high in protein and tasty too. Make these for breakfast and get your day off to a great start!
- 2 Paprika Chicken Sausages per person
- 284ml Buttermilk Pot
- 5 eggs - 1 for the pancake mix & 1 to poach (per person)
- 200g Spinach
- 175g Buckwheat Flour
- 1 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- Pinch of Paprika
- Rapeseed Oil
- Heat the oven up to 180 degrees & place 1-2 sausages per person onto a baking tray. Cook for 25 minutes, remembering to turn half way through.
- Whilst the sausages are cooking, boil the kettle, then add the buttermilk & 1 beaten egg into a food processor.
- Put the spinach in a colander and pour over the boiling water to wilt then squeeze out any excess water. Add the spinach to the processor and blitz all together.
- Put all the dry ingredients, plus 1 tsp of salt, into a bowl and gradually whisk together to form a batter. If a little too thick, you can add some water.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, non-stick pan over a medium heat. Ladle in 2 spoonful's of pancake batter and cook up until bubbles start to appear or for 1 minute and 10 seconds. Then flip the pancake and cook for a further 1 minute and 10 seconds.
- For the poached egg, add boiling water to a pan. Keep the water boiling and put a capful of white wine vinegar to the pan (this will stop the egg from splitting).
- Swirl the water then add the egg into the water.
- Cook for 2 minutes 30 seconds then remove the egg from the pan and place on top of the pancakes along with the sausages.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||0.4g||1.1g|
|of which Sugars||1.4g||3.7g|