Prep Time: - 10mins - Cooking Time: 25mins - Serves: 6
Whip up some crispy Simply Chicken Stuffing Stars! This sausage & bacon recipe is packed with fruit for a festive touch.
- 1 Pack (500g) Simply Chicken Mince
- 3 tsp sunflower oil, plus extra to grease
- 6 rindless dry-cured streaky bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 45g butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 100g celery, finely chopped
- 1 large cox apple (peeled, cored and finely diced)
- 100g soft prunes, finely diced
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 beaten egg
- Heat the oven to 210°C fan. Heat the oil in a small frying pan, then cook the bacon until golden. Add the butter, onion and celery, then fry gently for 5 minutes until the onion is soft and golden. Add the apple to the pan and fry for 2 minutes, then season lightly and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Mix the Simply Chicken Mince, prunes, breadcrumbs and thyme into the cooled onion and apple mixture. Season the mix then stir in the egg to bind the mixture together, then use your hands or a cookie cutter to shape the mix into 12 evenly sized stars or any festive shape that you fancy.
- Put the stars on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4 and cook for 15 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooked serve up with your Christmas Dinner! these are also great as a little snack before the big Christmas Day banquet.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per 2 Stars|
|Of Which Saturates||3.8g||6.6g|
|Of Which Sugars||5.9g||10g|