Prep time: 10mins - Cook Time: 20mins - Serves: 4
This quiche-like Italian tart can be made in advance or frozen. It is easily adaptable, so you can chuck in any left overs that might be in your fridge. Ideal for a light lunch or dinner!
- 2 x HECK Chicken Italia Burgers, diced
- 1 x roll of puff pastry
- 4 x sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 x egg, beaten
- 50g of mozzarella, grated
- 3tbsp of milk
- 100g of crème fraiche
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 215ºC
- Roll out the sheet of pastry onto a floured surface or keep on the greaseproof
- Using a sharp knife, draw around a large plate to create a circle slightly bigger than your flan dish
- Press the dough into the corners of the dish so it fits snug. Snip off any excess around the edge
- Spray some tin foil with the nonstick cooking oil and cover the dough. Fill with either dried beans, pie beads or dry rice
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes until golden
- Whilst the pastry is cooking, spray some oil in a frying pan and place over a medium/high heat. Add the cubes of Chicken Italia burger and cook for about 8 minutes until evenly browned.
- Chop in the sundried tomato and continue to fry off for a further minute then remove from the heat
- Remove the pastry from the oven and take out the foil along with the weighted items
- Mix together the egg, cream cheese & milk then stir in the mozzarella
- Add the diced burger and tomatoes and make sure both mixtures are combined. If you have some fresh basil, tear some leaves into the mixture too.
- Pour mixture into the pastry and return to the oven. Reduce the temperature to 180ºC and bake for a further 10-12 minutes until the mixture has set and turns golden
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes