Prep Time: 20mins - Cooking Time: 25mins - Serves: 12
Looking for a show stopper à la Great British Bake Off? Then look no further…. this might look a bit intimidating but it’s a doddle to make and will wow a Christmas crowd.
- 2 packs Heck! 97% Pork Sausages
- 280g puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 cranberries or pitted olives (optional)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Wholegrain mustard
- Pre-heated oven at 180°C
- Cut the Heck! 97% Pork Sausages in half using a sharp knife to give you 24 mini sausages.
- Roll out the puff pastry onto a floured surface, and cut into strips the width of the ‘mini’ sausages and approximately 10cm length. Wrap each sausage in a strip of puff pastry and using a finger dipped in water, seal the join of pastry.
- Carefully slice the pastry on a diagonal 3 or 4 times on the top of each sausage roll and set aside.
- Once all the sausage rolls are made, you need to assemble the wreath on a sheet of greaseproof paper on a large baking tray. We found the easiest way to do this is to start with 4 rolls placed at the quarters of a clock face. Then fill in the gaps with the remaining rolls. Don’t worry about squidging them tightly together, but make sure that the rolls all touch on the inside of the circle.
- If you’ve enough puff pastry left, you can cut out 2 more long narrow strips to make a bow. Cross them over and fold the tops over a cranberry or olive to prop up the circle element of the bow. Fix with a little more water and a final cranberry/olive by the knot of the bow and place on the wreath.
- Beat the egg together with the milk and brush liberally all over the wreath and the bow. Pop into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- The wreath will be ready when the pastry is risen and browned, and the sausages are bubbling inside. For the dip, simply combine the mayo with the grainy mustard.
- Serve warm on a large platter with the mustard dip in the centre to dunk.
|Nutritional Information||Per 2 Sausage Rolls|
|Of Which Saturates||8.2g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.0g|