Prep time: 10mins - Cook time: 30mins - Serves: 4
Delicious & hearty dishes made all in one pot are our favourite kind! This Sausage One Pot Chilli recipe is full of warming flavours and can pack a punch, if you want it to. Served with our Meat - Free With Apple Sausages & fresh parsley.
- 1 pack Heck! Vegan Apple Sausages
- 1-2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tin mixed beans, drained
- 1 tin Red Kidney beans, drained
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced
- 2-3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 green peppers, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- A handful of fresh parsley to serve
- Heat about 1 tsp of the oil in a large pan and fry the sausages until golden. Cut them into slices and add them back to the pan for 1-2 minutes, then add the chopped onion.
- Cook until translucent, then add the crushed garlic, celery, carrots and peppers. Sprinkle in the cumin and toss to combine everything. Sprinkle in the chilli flakes, then add the drained beans and allow for the mix to cook for 5 minutes or until the peppers begin to soften.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes, refill the tin with water and pour it into the pan as well. Stir in the vegetable stock powder, then add a lid to the pan and allow for everything to simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper and serve with fresh parsley on top.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||0.2g||1.2g|
|Of Which Sugars||3.4g||20g|