Prep time: 15mins - Cooking time: 35mins - Serves 4
A mild and creamy curry full of wholesome ingredients! Created with cannellini beans, mushrooms and Heck! Beet Goes On Sausages in a buttery curry sauce. Best served alongside rice, fresh coriander and a spoonful of coconut yoghurt.
- 1 pack Heck! The Beet Goes On Sausages
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2.5cm fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tin (400g) cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tin (400g) coconut milk
- 1 tin (400g) whole plum tomatoes
- 200g button mushrooms
- 3 handful of fresh spinach OR 5 clusters of frozen spinach
- Fresh coriander
- Coconut yogurt
- Fry the sausages in a large frying pan in a little oil over medium heat until golden. Remove from the pan and slice them after allowing to cool for a few minutes. Set aside.
- To the hot pan, add 1 tbsp sunflower oil and the mustard seeds. Allow them to toast for 3 minutes, then add the grated fresh ginger, garlic, salt, curry powder & tomato paste. Mix everything into a paste in the pan and cook until fragrant (2-3 minutes).
- Add in the drained cannellini beans, and tin of whole plum tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes before breaking down the tomatoes with a ladle.
- Add the button mushrooms and coconut milk and simmer without a lid for 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the sausage slices and spinach and serve the curry with rice, coconut yogurt and fresh coriander.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||4.1g||16g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.9g||7.3g|