Prep Time: 10mins - Cook Time: 1hr - Serves 4
Next level comfort food: this homemade vegan pasta sauce packs a whole bunch of flavour! With roasted garlic, herbs & our Heck Vegan Italia, it’s the perfect hearty meal for any midweek dinner.
- 250g spaghetti
- 1 pack Heck Vegan Italia Sausages
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- salt & black pepper to taste
- fresh herbs to serve (optional)
- Cut off the top 1cm of your entire garlic bulb and place the whole garlic onto a piece of aluminium foil. Drizzle half of the olive oil on top and close the aluminium around the garlic. Place in the oven and roast for 45-60 minutes at 180C.
- Cook the spaghetti according to packaging instructions. In the meantime, fry the sausages in a small pan until golden.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the rest of the oil. Place the roasted garlic cloves inside and add a splash of balsamic vinegar, then stir the herbs into the pan and allow to toast for 30 seconds.
- Pour in 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and add 1 Tbsp tomato paste. Stir to combine and allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a blender and process until smooth. Return to the pan and allow to simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes before stirring in the cooked pasta.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper. Chop the sausages over the top, alongside some fresh herbs and serve!