Halloween Sausage Rolls:
- Ready rolled pastry
- Chutney of choice (used chilli and tomato)
- HECK Hallowiener sausages (de skinned)
- One egg
- String – for shaping.
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Cucumber skin
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Take sausages and de skin into a bowl, then stir together.
- Now unfold your pastry and cut into squares.
- Using a teaspoon lightly cover the base of your pastry square in chutney and add a heaped tbsp of sausage meat into the centre.
- Now fold up all the sides of the pastry to form a circle shape (squeeze pastry sides to prevent leakage of chutney.
- Now cut string to around 20cm you will need 4 pieces per ball. Place 4 strings crossed over onto a surface and place your pastry ball down (leaving the side you closed the pastry together facing upwards.) and tie together creating a pumpkin shape.
- Place on a baking tray, tied string side down.
- Brush over with an egg wash then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place into the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Once removed from the oven, leave to cool slightly then using scissors you want to cut the string and remove.
- Cut up some cucumber skin (or any greens you have) into little stalk shaped pieces and dress.