Prep time: 10mins - Cook time: 25mins - Serves: 4
Simple & flavoursome potato & sausage skillet recipe, perfectly hearty and delicious as a mid-week dinner.
- 1 pack Heck! Meat-Free With Apple Sausages
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 2 Large Potatoes (Diced)
- 1 yellow onion, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 300g button mushrooms, quartered
- 250ml tomato passata
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Fill a saucepan with water, add the potatoes chunks and cook until a knife goes through easily.
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the sausages until golden. Remove them from the pan and cut them into slices, then fry the slices in the remainder of the oil for 1-2 minutes or until lightly crispy. Set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan and add the onion slices. Cook until translucent, then add the crushed garlic, potatoes and diced peppers.
- Once the peppers have softened a bit and the mushrooms. Fry for a few minutes or until the peppers begin to soften.
- Pour in the passata, then sprinkle in the stock powder and chilli flakes (optional). Bring everything to a simmer and allow to cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the sausage slices back in and season to taste with salt & pepper.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||0.3g||1.0g|
|Of Which Sugars||3.4g||11g|