Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 50 mins - Serves: 2
- 1 pack HECK! Chicken Italia Sausages
- 1 red pepper (cut into 4)
- 1 yellow pepper (cut into 4)
- 1 orange pepper (cut into 4)
- 1 courgette (sliced lengthways and cut into half moons
- 1 aubergine (sliced into rounds approx. 1cm thick
- 1 red onion (sliced into wedges)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 15ml olive oil
- 550g/ml passata
- 20ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 1 handful chopped basil
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- 1tsp sugar
- Small handful finely chopped parsley
- 20g gluten free breadcrumbs
- 15g parmesan cheese grated
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 20g sunflower seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c / 160°c fan / gas mark 5.
- In a large roasting tray place all of the peppers, courgette, aubergine and onion wedges. Drizzle over the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- At the same time place the sausages onto a shallow baking tray and cook in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Whilst they cook, add the olive oil and garlic to a small saucepan and fry on a medium heat for two minutes. Add the passata and simmer for a further 10-15 minutes. Season to taste and stir in the chopped basil.
- For the crumb topping mix together all of the ingredient.
- Once everything is cooked, take a deep baking dish or tin and start ti layer the bake. Start with a layer of tomato sauce then add the sausages. On top of these, place Half the roasted veg mix then add another layer of tomato sauce, the remaining veg, remaining tomato sauce and finally top with the seed crumb.
- Put the whole dish back into the oven for 20-25 minutes and enjoy with a crisp green leaf salad.
TIP! This recipe will work equally well with any of our other chicken sausage varieties.