Prep Time: 10mins - Cooking Time: 20mins Serves: 4
These Meat - Free meatballs are delicious on their own, but they also pair well with just about any pasta and sauce. For this recipe we've teamed them up with a homemade marinara sauce and Wholewheat spaghetti. In our opinion its the perfect combo.
- x1 500g Pack Heck! Vegan Mince
- 300g Whole-Wheat Spaghetti
- 50g Vegan Grated Cheese
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
For the Mariana Sauce
- x2 400g Cans, Chopped Tomatoes
- x5 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 20g Fresh Basil (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
For the Mariana Sauce
- In a large bowl, pour in the 2 cans of tomatoes, with scissors chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Place a frying pan onto the hob at a medium to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Peel the garlic cloves and crush them using a garlic crusher. Once the frying pan is up to temperature. Add in the crushed garlic and cook until fragrant but not brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan, follow with all of the other ingredients. Mix well and simmer for 20mins.
For the Meat- Free Meatballs
- Pre - Heat the oven to 180'C
- Remove the Vegan Mince from the packaging, with a knife split it into 12 evenly sized cubes.
- Using your hands roll each cube into a ball and pop them to one side.
- Whilst the sauce is simmering away, fill a pan with boiling water and season with salt and a dash of olive oil.
- Place the pasta pan on the hob, once the water is boiling, add in the Wholewheat spaghetti. Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Now its time to cook the meat - free meat balls. pop a frying pan onto the hob at a medium to high heat. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan. Once the pan is up to temperature, place the meatballs into the pan for 5mins. Moving them around until all sides are browned.
- When all the meatballs have been sealed, place them onto a baking tray and cook for 15mins.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain away the water. Using tongs, make nests with the spaghetti in a bowl, add roughly 4 tbsp of the tomato sauce then top with the Meat free Meatballs and garnish with a couple sprigs of fresh basil.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of which Saturates||1.3g||5.0g|
|Of which Sugars||3.2g||13g|