Prep time: 15mins - Cook time: 15mins - Serves: 5
This popular brunch dish by flavouring the simple tomato sauce with our meat free sausages
- 1 pack of Heck! Meat-Free Sausages
- 6 eggs
- 2 tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, (thinly sliced)
- 1 red pepper, (thinly sliced)
- 1 large onion, (thinly sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves, (crushed)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Put a drop of oil in a frying pan and place on a medium to high heat. Add your sausages to the pan, remembering to turn occasionally so they are golden brown.
- While the sausages are cooking, dice the onion and thinly chop the peppers on a chopping board. Crush the garlic, or if you want to take a shortcut you can use prepped garlic.
- Take a large sauté pan, drizzle with oil and place on a medium to high heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and fry until they begin to soften.
- Season to taste using salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and prepared garlic.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil. (Don't forget to turn those sausages!).
- Taste the Shakshuka mix and perhaps tweak the seasoning depending on your personal preference.
- When the Shakshuka mix starts to bubble, add your cooked sausages to the mix, leaving space to crack the eggs between them.
- Crack your eggs into the pan and cook until they are done to your liking, making sure to baste the eggs with some of the tomato juice. If you’d prefer, just cover the pan with a lid and finish cooking the dish in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once cooked simply sprinkle a handful of chopped fresh basil or coriander on top depending on your preference, serve up the Shakshuka,and get tucked in.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||0.7g||2.0g|
|Of Which Sugars||2.8g||8.4g|