Prep time: 10mins - Cook Time: 10mins - Serves: 2
Our smoky plant-based version of a frankfurter is best served in a crusty finger roll with some juicy toppings. Here we’ve gone for guacamole, cherry toms and crispy onions. Yum!
- 1/2 Pack Heck! Vegfurters
- 2 x Giant Finger Rolls
- 1 x Avocado
- Juice of a Lime
- 1 tsp Dried Chilli
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 8 x Pomodorino tomatoes
- 20g Ready Made Salsa
- 10g crispy onions (these can be bought from the spices isle in the supermarkets)
- In a frying pan add a splash of oil and place on a medium to high heat.
- Once hot, add the sausages to the pan and fry off for 10 minutes, turning occasionally until they are browned off.
- Whilst the sausages are cooking make your guacamole. Cut the flesh out of the avocado and empty into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the juice of a lime, chilli and the salt and mash together with a folk until the ingredients have combined.
- Slice your finger roll down the middle with a bread knife & use your fingers to pull the bread apart.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and set to the side for a moment.
- Remove the sausages from the grill & lay in the bread.
- Place the tomatoes along the side, followed by a few spoons of guacamole along & the salsa. Sprinkle the crispy onions over the top.
- Serve immediately whilst the sausage is still hot!
You can buy part-baked bread rolls. Pop them in the oven just before following these steps & it will both smell & taste incredible!
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
Per 255g Portion
(2 Sausages = 74g)
|Of Which Saturates||2.1g||5.4g|
|Of Which Sugars||4.5g||12g|