Prep Time: 3 mins - Cook Time: 12 mins - Serves 1
Simply bagel-icious! This vibrant loaded sausage bagel is topped with homemade beetroot hummus, Heck Italia sausages and pickled cucumber, which add a delicious tangy flavour to every bite.
- 2 Heck! Vegan Italia sausages
- 1/2 seeded bagel
- A handful of fresh rocket salad
- 3-4 slices of pickled cucumber
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp flaked almonds
- salt & black pepper to taste
For the beetroot hummus
- 1 small cooked beetroot (or use 1 tsp beetroot powder)
- 1/2 tin chickpeas, cooked & drained
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Slice & toast the bagel half and fry the sausages until golden.
- Prepare your hummus by processing all ingredients in a food processor and spread the hummus across your bagel half. Top with fresh rocket salad, pickled slices and sausages.
- Garnish with fresh dill and almond flakes & season to taste with salt & black pepper.
|Nutritional Information||Per Loaded Beetroot Bagel|
|Of Which Saturates||3.1g|
|Of Which Sugars||27g|