Prep Time: 15 mins - Cook Time: 35 mins - Serves 3-4
Spice up your dinner time with this vibrant vegan paella! It’s a real crowd pleaser and brightens up a British summers day, oozing with Spanish flare.
- 1 pack HECK ‘The Beet Goes On’ Sausages
- 1⁄4 tsp saffron
- A little oil for frying
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 75ml vegan white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 bulbs of fresh fennel, quartered
- 200 grams short-grain rice (e.g. arborio)
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 30g Tbsp frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp grilled artichokes (antipasti)
- 20g handful of fresh cherry tomatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley & lemon juice to serve
- Dissolve the saffron in 1-2 Tbsp of hot water and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat a little oil and add your Heck sausages. Fry until golden, then remove them from the pan and set them aside. Add the chopped onion to the pan and cook for about 5 minus until softened, add in the garlic for about the last minute.
- Pour in the white wine, then add the red pepper, smoked paprika powder and tinned tomatoes and leave it to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the peppers break down.
- In a separate pan fry the fennel quarters until lightly charred and take them off the heat until serving time.
- Add the rice into the tomato mixture, then add the saffron and saffron water and then pour in the vegetable stock. Allow everything to simmer for 10 minutes until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Switch off the heat and place the frozen peas onto the mix, then cover with a lid and allow it to rest for another 10 minutes, then drizzle over fresh lemon juice and gently stir through.
- Place the charred fennel, grilled artichokes, cherry tomatoes, Heck sausages and fresh parsley on top and season to taste with salt & pepper.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
Per 300g Portion
(2 Sausages = 80g)
|Of Which Saturates||0.2g||0.7g|
|Of Which Sugars||3.7g||11g|