Prep time: 5-10 mins - Cook Time: 1hr 20 mins - Serves: 2
- 2 HECK! Chicken Italia Burgers
- 4 portobello mushrooms or large field mushrooms
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 150ml crème fraiche
- Half a pack of chives, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 50g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-2 spring onions, finely sliced
- olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c / 160°c fan / gas mark 5.
- Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes, then place on a baking tray and roast whole in the oven for 25 – 30 mins.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheese, crème fresh, chopped chives, spring onion and chilli (reserving a little chilli and spring onion to garnish). Season to taste.
- Remove the stem of each mushroom, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the sweet potatoes have been cooking for approx. 20 mins place your burgers onto the BBQ and cook for 10-12 min (cooking times will vary depending on your BBQ heat – always make sure the meat is cooked through and juices run clear before serving).
- After 5 mins add the mushrooms to the BBQ grill. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and place alongside the mushrooms. Cook everything for a further 5 mins.
- Once the burgers are cooked, start to build your burger stacks – one mushroom at the bottom, a burger in the middle and another mushroom on the top.
- Cut open the sweet potatoes, place a big dollop and of the cheese mix into each one and scatter the last of the spring onion and chilli mix over the top.
- Serve with rocket or watercress.