Prep time: 10mins - Cook Time: 40mins - Serves: 3
- 2 packs HECK! 97% Sausages
- 1kg Charlotte, Vivaldi or Desiree Potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1 medium green cabbage shredded
- 1 1/4 cup of cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup of apple cider
- 1/2 cup of water, or less for an extra tangy blend
- 1 tsp salt
- The Rosti – Dry the grated potato with a clean tea towel to remove the moisture. Mix with the onion, garlic and herbs then season with plenty of salt and pepper. Heat a glug of olive oil in a heavy frying pan. Add a handful of your grated potato mixture then flatten the surface with a fish slice. Cook for ten minutes on each side until it’s golden brown all over. Keep the heat low so the rosti cooks evenly inside too.
- The Sauerkraut – Heat your oil in a pan then add the onion. Stir constantly until it softens and turns translucent.
- Add your cabbage, cider, vinegar, water, salt and caraway seeds then bring to the boil.
- Cover, reduce heat then simmer for 30-45 minutes until the cabbage is tender. Add a little water if it the cabbage gets too dry.
- Meanwhile, grill your sausages until they’re golden brown then serve everything together – a delicious combination of juicy, crisp and satisfying flavours.