Prep time: 5 minutes - Cook time: 20 minutes - Serves: 5
This super simple chicken fried rice is healthy, delicious and bursting with goodness. It can be ready in under half an hour and is a great meal for the whole family to enjoy.
1 pack Heck Simply Chicken mince (500g)
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 white onion (chopped)
1 garlic clove (minced)
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
A large handful of fresh kale
Spring onion (finely chopped)
1 tsp chilly flakes
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp mixed chopped nuts
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the rice (as per instruction on the packet).
- Add the oil to a pan and heat over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and chilly flakes. Fry until the onions become translucent.
- Add the chicken mince, salt and pepper. Break the mince up with a spatula. Cook until the chicken is completely cooked (This should take about 10 minutes).
- Add the rice, kale, sesame seeds and soy sauce to the pan and combine well. Move everything over to one side of the pan and crack the eggs in. Scramble and then stir into the rest of the mixture. Cook for a further five minutes.
- In another pan lightly toast the mixed chopped nuts over medium heat for around 5 minutes while mixing continuously.
- Serve the fried chicken rice with a sprinkle of the toasted nuts and spring onion.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||3.8g||7.2g|
|of which Sugars||1.8g||3.3g|