Prep Time: 3 mins - Cook Time: 12 mins - Serves: 1
The ultimate sandwich packed with Mediterranean flavours between 2 slices of sourdough bread. Use ready-made pesto or make your own, if you’re feeling fancy!
- 3 Heck! Vegan Italia sausages
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 slices of vegan cheese
- 2 tbsp vegan basil pesto
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 tbsp pinenuts
- 1 tbsp cashews
- a handful of fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Fry the sausages in a little oil until golden.
- If you’re making your own basil pesto, combine all ingredients in a food processor. Spread 1 tbsp of pesto onto each slice of sourdough bread.
- Place the with the cooked sausages onto the bottom slice, top with vegan cheese & close the sandwich with the second slice of bread.
- Thinly spread the margarine onto both outer sides of the sandwich and grill in a medium size saucepan with a closed lid over medium heat until both sides are crisp and golden and the cheese melty.
- Serve alongside tomato ketchup to dip into.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
Per 273g Portion
(3 Sausages = 81g)
|Of Which Saturates||6.7g||18g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.1g||3.1g|