Prep Time: 5 mins - Cook Time: 20 mins - Serves: 1
This open sandwich is full of earthy flavour with chestnut mushrooms, garlic and thyme & your favourite Heck Vegan Italia sausages on toasted sourdough.
- 3 Heck! Vegan Italia sausages
- 1 slice of sourdough bread
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp hummus (optional)
- Salt & pepper to season
- Fry the Heck sausages according to packaging instructions.
- In the meantime toast a slice of sourdough bread and spread 2 tbsp hummus on top.
- Slice the mushrooms and heat a little olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the crushed garlic and allow to sauté until translucent. Add in the mushrooms and cook until softened, them sprinkle in the thyme and cook for a further 5 minutes on low heat.
- Top the bread with the mushrooms and sausages and season to taste with salt & pepper before serving.
|Nutritional Information||Per Grilled Mushroom & Thyme Sausage Sandwich|
|Of Which Saturates||1.1g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.8g|