Prep Time: 10mins Cook Time: 30mins- Serves: 6
Leave it to Dr. Seuss to inspire a breakfast as whimsical and cheery as green eggs and ham. Our version is vegetarian and made with our Vegan Supergreen Sausages. This weekends breakfast favourite can, frankly, be eaten at any time of the day.
- 1 pack Heck!Super Green Sausages
- 850g frozen peas
- 30g pine nuts
- 1 tsp lazy garlic
- 6 Eggs
- Bunch of basil, chopped
- Bunch of mint, chopped
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 150g fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 80g grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Cook the peas in boiling water as per the packet instructions, then drain and put approx. 2 thirds in a food processor.
- Whizz up with the garlic, basil, mint, juice and zest of the lemon and a generous tbsp olive oil. Once smooth, add the crème fraiche and half the parmesan cheese.
- In a shallow oven proof dish, wilt the spinach over a low heat with a dash of water, then fold in the remaining peas and the pea purée. Season to taste while mixing together.
- Push the sausages into the pea mix like the spokes on a wheel so they’re not sitting on top, then make 6 wells in the mixture between the sausages and crack the eggs into the holes.
- Top with a scattering of pine nuts and the remaining parmesan cheese and bake in the oven at 180°C for 12-14 minutes until the eggs are set and the sausages cooked through.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||3.1g||9.2g|
|Of Which Sugars||3.3g||9.8g|