Prep Time: 15mins - Cooking Time: 30mins - Serves: 4
Get in the Easter spirit with these rabbit shaped Family Favourite Pinwheels with Caramelised Red Onion Chutney. Great as an Easter breakfast centre piece, have the family help decorate them too!
- 2 Packs Heck! Family Favourite Chipolatas
- 2 Packs Ready-Made Puff Pastry
- 1 Jar Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
- 12 Sprigs Fresh Chives
- 4 Sliced Black Olives
- 1/2 Carrot
- 1tsp Nigella Seeds
- 1 Egg
- Pre - Heat the oven to 180'C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Remove the skins from the Chipolatas and place the meat into a bowl, keep two Chipolatas to one side for the ears.
- Mash the sausage meat together and season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove the packaging from the ready made puff pastry and roll out onto a clean service.
- Take handfuls of the sausage meat and cover the whole of the pastry. Don't put the meat too close to the edges as it may fall out when rolling.
- Once the pastry is covered, add a thin layer of the Caramelised Red Onion Chutney ontop of the sausage meat.
- Now that the chutney is on the sausage meat, its now time to roll.
- With the closest short edge tightly roll the edge and keep going up to the other end. Make sure everything is tightly rolled so no filling falls out. Once the pinwheel is rolled, place it in the fridge for 5mins to let it firm up.
- When 5mins is up, remove from the fridge. With a sharp knife cut 1inch thick pinwheels and place them onto the baking tray.
- Now its time to make the ears. With the other roll of puff pastry, cut 1inch thick strips. Fold the pastry strip in half and stick it to the top on the pinwheel with a little bit of water. Place a ball of the left over sausage meat into the middle of the ear shape. Continue doing this until all the pinwheels have ears.
- Whisk up an egg and with a brush, cover the pinwheels. Once all the pinwheels are covered.
- Place them into the oven for 30mins. Once golden brown and bubbling. remove form the oven and cool for 5mins.
- Once cooled, decorate each rabbit with the chives for whiskers, cut a triangle for a nose, olive halves for eyes.
- Serve up once decorated for the ultimate Easter Breakfast!
Tip: These can be served warm or cold and can be re- heated in the oven