Taste of the island! These are Jamaican inspired chicken patties Perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 1 pack Heck! Simply Chicken Burgers (broken down into mince)
- 1 White onion (diced)
- ½ a scotch bonnet or choose a chilli you can handle
- 50g of green peas
- 1 tsp curry powder.
- 5 tbsp coconut milk
- 125g unsalted butter (chunks)
- 250g Plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cup of water
- Pre - Heat the oven to 180°C
- To make the pastry - mix the dry ingredients with the butter
- whisk the water and egg together then add to dry ingredients until a dough forms
- Once the dough has formed, refrigerate it for at least an hour
- Pop a frying pan on the hob to a medium heat.
- Brown the onions with the chilli ensuring it doesn't burn
- Once the Onions and the chilli are cooked, add the Heck Simply chicken burgers and break them down into mince
- Mix in the curry powder to the pan
- Then add the coconut milk and peas.
- Cover the frying pan and let it simmer for 10-15minutes
- While the frying pan is simmering away, take the dough from the fridge and roll it out to 1.5cm thick and cut into 30cm circles
- Then add about 2 tsp of the meat mix to the the centre of the pastry
- Whisk up an egg and brush it around the edge and fold over to create a half moon
- Using a fork, seal the edges.
- Place the patties into the Pre - Heated oven for 20mins
- Once they are cooked, serve with chips and slaw
|Per Portion||Per 100g||Per Pattie|
|of which Saturates||9.7g||13g|
|of which Sugars||1.6g||2.1g|