Prep Time: 20mins Cook Time: 30-40mins Serves: 4
A real crowd pleaser for not just vegetarians - this creamy, colorful risotto packs a flavorsome punch!
- 1 pack of Meat-Free Chipolatas
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Leek, sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp Sage
- 2 cups of Arborio Rice
- 2 cups Butternut Squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup of White Wine
- 900ml Veg stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese, grate
- Put the cubed butternut squash on a lightly oiled oven tray.
- Chop the sausages into even chunks, then add to the tray with the butternut squash.
- Put the tray into a pre-heated oven on 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large, ovenproof dish on the hob, drizzle with oil and add the leeks & garlic, then saute for a few minutes.
- Add the wine & sage to the pan, then the rice & allow to heat for a few minutes.
- Add the veg stock then pop a lid on and allow to simmer on a low heat. Keep checking and stir occasionally as the rice may stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Gradually add more stock until the rice has absorbed the stock and softened.
- Add the nutmeg to the pan & stir. Then you can mix in the butternut squash & sausages.
- Stir in the spinach & cheese and allow the spinach to soften.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||1.4g||6.9g|
|of which Sugars||1.5g||7.3g|