Prep Time: 10 mins - Cook Time: 45 mins - Serves 2
Flavour-packed burger pasta - created with fusilli and served alongside tomatoes and Heck Vegan Italia Burger pieces in a creamy Big Mac sauce, topped with melty vegan cheeze. Perfect both hot & cold!
- 2 Vegan Italia Burgers
- A little oil to fry
- 150g fusilli pasta, cooked
- 100g cherry tomatoes
For the croutons
- 2 vegan-friendly burger buns, cut into cubes
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs (parsley, basil, oregano)
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Vegan Big Mac Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Cook the pasta according to packaging instructions and fry your Heck burgers in a little oil until golden, then break up the burgers into small bite-size chunks.
- Prepare your croutons by tossing the burger bun cubes in the olive oil and coating them evenly in the herbs, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Bake them at 160C for 10-15 minutes or until crispy, turning them halfway through.
- For your Big Mac sauce, simply combine all ingredients in a small bowl or jug.
- Heat your oven to 190C. In an oven-proof dish, evenly coat the cooked pasta in the sauce, then stir in the tomatoes, croutons and burger pieces. Cover with shredded vegan cheeze and bake at 190C for 12-15 minutes.