Prep Time: 10mins - Cooking Time: 30mins - Serves: 4
This Moroccan vegetable salad is packed with cold weather comfort foods. Yummy Butternut squash and sour apples topped with our veggie Beet Goes On Sausages, perfect kick from the Horseradish and Nigella seeds.
- 1 Pack Heck! Beet Goes On Sausages
- 500 grams butternut squash, (peeled and sliced into chunks)
- 2 Small Bramley Apples, (cored and thinly sliced
- 110g Quinoa
- 250ml Water
- 1 Red Onion, (quartered)
- 3 whole cloves of garlic, skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
For The Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- Roasted garlic (from the vegetables)
- 60ml Olive Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pomegranate, seeds only
- 10g Parsley, leaves only
- Preheat your oven to 190'C and set aside a large baking tray.
- Cut the butternut squash into approximately equal squares of about 3cm. Place into the casserole dish with the apple, onions, and garlic.
- Add the olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, and cardamom to the vegetables, then mix until evenly coated.
- Place the dish into the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the butternut squash can be easily pierced with a fork.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the quinoa. Add the quinoa, water, and salt to a medium pot and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Reduce to medium-low to simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes, or until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Whilst the quinoa is cooking, place a frying pan onto the hob on a medium to high heat and add a drizzle of oil.
- Once the pan is up to temperature add in the the Beet Goes On Sausages and cook for 10-12mins
- Once the vegetables are done, remove the garlic cloves from the tin. Take the butter skin off the garlic and mash it with a fork, then mix well with the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- To serve, place the quinoa onto a large platter, top with the roasted vegetables, vinaigrette, pomegranate, and herbs.
- Best warm, this salad will also keep well for a couple of days in a sealed container in the fridge.