Prep time: 5mins Cook time: 10mins Serves: 3
Make some colourful, flavour-packed vegetarian tacos for lunch. From black beans to Beet goes on Sausages and vegan bacon bits, there's plenty of choice for fillings.
- 1 pack Heck! Beet goes on Sausages
- 6 tbsp black beans, cooked
- 3 lettuce leaves, washed and cut in half 3 tsp green salsa
- 3 small tomatoes, washed & cubed 1.5 limes
- 3 soft tacos
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1⁄4 cucumber, cubed
- 50g coconut chips
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1⁄4 smoked paprika powder
- Prepare the Beet goes on Sausages according to their packaging instructions. Prepare the bacon bits, if you’re using these:
- Simply combine all ingredients in a bowl, then fry on medium heat until the coconut chips are well coated and sticky.
- Remove from the heat until ready to crumble.
- Assemble your tacos: start with each soft taco, place 1 lettuce leaves alongside 2 tbsp black beans onto each taco, add the cubed tomatoes, cucumber and Beet goes on Sausages.
- Drizzle with the salsa and fresh lime juice.
Serve with fresh chilli flakes and bacon bits on top.