Prep Time: 10mins Cook Time: 30mins- Serves: 3
This Beet Chilli recipe is packed with flavour. Vegetarian chilliis the perfect winter comfort food. Serve with rice, guacamole & lime!
- 1 pack Heck! Beet Goes On sausages
- Olive oil
- 1 large leek
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Balsamic vinegar
- 400g tin black beans
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 glass red wine (optional)
- Handful of basil leaves
- Finely chop the leek and garlic and cook over a medium heat in a casserole dish with a dash of olive oil for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the chilli flakes, a slug of balsamic vinegar and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Drain the black beans and add to the casserole dish with the tomatoes and red wine (wine optional).
- Simmer for 10 minutes and then stir well.
- Put the raw sausages into the casserole dish, poking them down into the mix.
- Reduce the heat and put a lid on the casserole dish before leaving to simmer gently for a further 12-15 minutes until the sausages are cooked through.
- Serve with rice for a more substantial supper or some potato wedges and salad on the side.
- Top with torn basil leaves once plated.