Prep time: 5-10 mins - Cook Time: 12-14 mins - Makes : 12 pancakes
Easy, American-style, fluffy pancakes are great for feeding a crowd at breakfast or brunch. Top with our 97% Pork Sausages and lashings of brown sauce.
- 1 pack HECK! 97% Pork Sausages
- 115g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 large egg
- 50ml 0% Natural greek yogurt
- 150ml semi skimmed milk
- Cracked black pepper and salt
- 2tsp vegetable oil
- Grill the sausages for 12 minutes under a medium grill.
- Meanwhile: Sift the flour and bicarbonate soda into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, yogurt and milk.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in ½ the liquid, beat together with a balloon whisk to make a smooth batter, add the remainder of the liquid and season with cracked black pepper and salt.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan, add some of the oil and allow to heat, then drop 2 dessertspoons of the batter into the pan to make each pancake. Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear, this takes about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake over with a slice or palette knife to cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Lift pancakes onto a cooling rack that is covered with kitchen towel and place more kitchen towel lightly on the top. Cook all the batter and if necessary add more oil to the pan.
- Cut the sausages into quarters and layer 6 quarter sausages between 3 pancakes. Serve with a lovely dollop of tomato ketchup.
|per 100g||per serving|
|of which Saturates||5.0g||7.5g|
|of which Sugars||1.6g||2.4g|