Prep Time: 20mins - Cooking Time: 25-30mins - Serves: 4
We’ve taken bangers and mash to the next level with this easy pie recipe. Using our Heck 97% Pork Sausages with smooth and creamy mustard mash. On the table and ready to eat in less than hour it’s perfect for any night of the week.
- 2 Packs Heck! 97% Pork Sausages, chopped into 3
- 3-4 large potatoes (about 700g), peeled and chopped into chunks
- 3 red onions, thickly sliced
- 250ml rich ready-made thick gravy
- 15g cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 20ml Milk
- 15g Butter
- Black Pepper
- Pre - heat the oven to 200°C
- Put the potatoes in a medium pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain, then return to the saucepan and leave to dry out a little before mashing.
- In a large frying pan, heat a glug of oil, then fry the onions for 6-8 minutes. Add the Heck! 97% Sausage chunks and fry over a medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes until browned.
- Add the gravy to the pan, simmer for 3-4 minutes, season, then pour into the baking dish.
- Mash the potatoes, adding in a knob of butter a dash of milk and the wholegrain mustard with lots of black pepper. Top the dish with the mashed potato and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden and crisp and the filling is hot. Serve with steamed green vegetables.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||4.0g||18g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.1g||4.9g|